Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fair Trade Morning

I woke up Sunday morning wanting to celebrate my new goal of purchasing only Fair Trade coffee and chocolate, so I went to Zoka's and bought some coffee for my weekly Sunday morning breakfast and prayer group.We always have a nice spread of very healthy pastries, tea, and, of course, coffee, so I thought that this week I could add to the coffee stash (that I believe Kendra usually so graciously provides for us thirsty ladies!). A mere three blocks from my house, I can be assured that Zoka's strives to directly source their coffee. They work with coffee farmers to ensure not only quality, but also supply chain accountability. It's a beautiful thing.

Much to my surprise, as I paid for the coffee, I was given a free drip coffee (a $2 value). What a pleasant reward for buying coffee that is good for everyone involved in the supply chain and supporting a local business.

coffee to share with friends + coffee to enjoy on the drive to friends' house = a beautiful Sunday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment