Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Revelations

I was very distracted this Easter morning. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I woke up Easter morning in my new abode. How symbolic - new life with Jesus, new place to live!

After poking around my chaotic room and uploading photos to my computer, I made a cup of tea and settled down into the living room for a few minutes of quiet time before the Easter festivities began. Little did I know that God would use this very distracted time to reveal some cool stuff...:) (from John 20 and 21)

When Mary went to the tomb and Jesus appeared to her, she didn't recognize him at first.
REVELATION: God is often right in front of me, yet I don't see him or recognize him.

When Mary told the disciples what happened at the tomb, she said, "I have seen the Lord!"
REVELATION: God desires me to proclaim Him to the world.

The first thing Jesus said to his disciples was, "Peace be with you!"
REVELATION: The first thing Jesus said was not - "Get to work!" or "Start serving me!" or "Bless the world!" It was a greeting of peace.

The second thing Jesus said to his disciples was, "I am sending you."
REVELATION: God actively sends us to serve Him.

The disciples were fishing with no success. When Jesus told them to put their net on the other side of the boat, they were successful.
REVELATION: I can work, serve, and live according to my own plans. It is only when I let God guide my steps do I acheive life-giving results.

After they fished, Jesus said, "Come and have breakfast."
REVELATION: Jesus didn't say, "Keep fishing," or "Good job, see you later." No, Jesus and the disciples fellowshipped together. They spent time eating and enjoying each other's company, even though there were many more fish to be caught. God desires us to enjoy and rest and be at peace.

Thank you, God, for this great day. Let it live in our hearts all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment