Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Praise

Walking around the block, hand-in-hand with my one-year-old charge, I got a glimpse of what praise looks like to God.

Matt is learning to walk, and needs to hold someone's hand in order to stay on both feet. We were tripping around in the rain when suddenly he stopped and looked up at me. Maybe it was just one of those times when kids zone out, or maybe he just needed a little break, but all I saw was what God sees when His followers are praising Him.

We were just standing there. He was looking up at me. We weren't moving. He just appeared to enjoy looking at me. For no good reason. Just to look and observe. Just to look at recognize that I was making the whole walking experience happen. Just because he wanted to share his smile with me. Just because he liked me.

Just because.

He didn't need a reason to look at me. He just stopped, looked, and smiled.

And at that moment, I realized that this is what praise looks like to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment