Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"I'm Tenderheart Bear. I like to help people be nice to each other, so that love can spread and grow."

I was reading "A Friend for Frances" to my niece tonight, and, though it is certainly no great piece of literature, I did appreciate Tenderheart Bear's approach to working with people, and the hopeful result that ensues. People being nice to each other, and love spreading. Sounds pretty good.

Although I did have the yellow Carebear as a child (sunshine bear?), I don't remember reading any Carebear books or watching any Carebear shows. I guess I was more of a stuffed animal and American Girl fan. Who know that 20 years later I would be touched by the simple words of a Carebear? I guess we never know when childhood heroes will give us a word of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment